Let's hunt down the Siege Secret

I already found everything. :v

Took me a while to locate everything. But I got through.

I was originally going to punish a mistake in the final room with instant death, but I thought that would have been too harsh... It can already be very time consuming if you don't know what you're doing.

Edited by Raap

I swear, this thing is ridiculous. I've gone over this map a thousand times, and I've only found the blue orb once. Never found the others.

I must be missing a secret area or something, because nothing's showing up for me.

EDIT: Okay, I've got a good idea of where the blue and yellow orbs are, but that damn red orb is throwing me off. I'm assuming it's somewhere in the castle area, since that's where I found the other two?

It can already be very time consuming if you don't know what you're doing.

Can confirm! That was painful.

Nice rewards, though.

You can thank Pushwall for sanity checking me on those rewards, they were quite overkill before...The current selection of rewards seem balanced for the effort involved.

But yeah, very experimental, all of this. If it proves popular I can talk to Pushwall about adding a few to existing maps (although that would require me to have access to Delta's core work environment, and as a non-staff member that could be tricky).

I swear, this thing is ridiculous. I've gone over this map a thousand times, and I've only found the blue orb once. Never found the others.

I must be missing a secret area or something, because nothing's showing up for me.

EDIT: Okay, I've got a good idea of where the blue and yellow orbs are, but that damn red orb is throwing me off. I'm assuming it's somewhere in the castle area, since that's where I found the other two?

The only hint I'm willing to give you is that each orb spawns in a different type of region, and within these regions there are 10 or so possible spawn locations. So to find all 3 orbs you're going to have to look at 30-40 locations... In a live match you also need to do all of this without getting killed.

Edited by Raap

Heh, when I was checking the release version to make sure everything worked the blue orb was the one I kept having trouble hunting down. The other orbs are so much more accessible than the blue one, and when you find them, you might see why.

I got the blue one twice and couldn't find the red one either, also, I they usually don't seem to change the place they are in, found the blue and yellow ones in the same place 10 times in a row but couldn't find the red one anywhere as well as as soon as I found the blue one twice I couldn't find it in the next tries at all as if it completely vanished.

The orbs prefer to spawn in one location on LAN. This is something I can't solve unfortunately! In live gameplay, the spawn system is properly randomized.

Blue and red appear to be the hardest... Perhaps you should all just stop licking the yellow orb so much and you'd find them faster!

Congratulations to those who finished it. I hope the reward is good enough that, 3 months from now, people will still complete the secret challenge for the benefits.

What is this, A Tomb Raider Beyond?! :D

Just a small side experiment to see what we can do with APB Delta and W3D game logic in general, using only existing 5.0 scripts (the bulk of which being programmed years ago).

I imagine I could probably create quite a lot of different things of this nature using existing logic, however, I do confess to some bottlenecks here and there, after all this is experimental and not the intended usage of most scripts. One key bottleneck is that most scripts are 'fire and forget', with no logic built into them to enable a reset of the script following some conditions. This is why certain things only have to be done once right now and then remain done for the duration of the match, something I'll be more wary of doing in the future.

I believe that the "ERR" part means error. @someone who knows, isn't this the file that holds text strings, like what gets put in the chat when certain things happen such as achievements or map-specific instructions or something? I could be totally off, idk.

It's short for Text Database Error, and this message only appears when picking up power-ups on LAN. This was not something I could fix as this is a small engine-wide problem.

The power-ups do have a string hooked up, but it will not properly display it.

The other secret is more of a small easter egg. I don't expect anyone to figure it out.

Edited by Raap