Blog 62 (02/01/08)

Welcome to the first Apocalypse Rising Blog of 2008! We have stuff for you to watch, see and mull over below. So stop reading this :)

<h3>2007 Leaves Us</h3>

To remind you of what we had down in 2007, here is a farewell video to the year from dtrngd. I'll let you see for yourself what it contains.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<h3>The New</h3>

BogDanV returned to his studies, but before he went he dave us a teaser of what was to come upon his return after his exams. Brownie points to whoever guesses what it is.

haha.jpg

<h3>Infantry</h3>

I recently took up character modelling and after some intense mesh extruding I came up with this. He's still in the WIP stage but he'll soon become a fighting machine. Crazy Ivan will be made from this guy when he is done for example. Check it out below.

Char3.png

<h3>Conference #3 Overview</h3>

Here is the overview from our third conference as reported by dtrngd. The man of the hour.

Here's the overview of the 3rd meeting

-The Airforce Command HQ will have two weakpoints: minor in the upper tower (Structural mainframe, name might change) and the major weakpoint (the harrier missile racks). Destroying the Structural mainframe (lift control, flight control, and radar control all as one thing) will disable the ACHQ until an Allied engineer repairs it. However, if the Soviets destroy the Harrier missile racks, it will make a huge explosion, blowing up the ACHQ forever.

-We need a lot more AR tests and see how fast paced the game REALLY is before we can finally decide on map sizes. So if you think a map is a bit big, don't take it as final.

-

One of my college mates has agreed to help. He has had experience making HL2 mods. He models, does a little bit of texturing, coding, unwrapping. A jack of all trades really.

^ Good news :D

-Security cameras should be found in the upper ACHQ tower, next to the Structural mainframe. You could enter it like the terror drone console, and monitor the underground part of the ACHQ. Soviets could use it too, this might make it more interesting.

That's it. Not much, but we discussed a few things.

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

Happy New Year!

I threw a small new years bash (which was organised the night before :)) which was fun.

BogdanV is going back to studying after his short break.

Most of the team had a good new year as it seems. AR release this year perhaps? Lets see how it plays out.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Shed</h3>

Neo Games, the chaps who work on Scud Storm, Star Wars mod and Renegade 40k, are in need of modellers. if you think you can help, head over to http://scudstorm.com and offer your services. They are a decent bunch so I recommend these guys as a start if you want to get into modding Renegade on a nice big project.

MOTY voting ends tommorrow so if you haven't voted, what are you waiting for!?

You can find Apocalypse Rising under Best Upcoming Mods & Indie Games of 2007 and A Path Beyond under Best Released Mods & Indie Games of 2007, just press the '+' icon next to the Indie Games category and then the 'click to vote' button. Simple eh?

<h3>BattleClan Primetime</h3>

Things have been heating up as the Taco Empire are set to take on Team NX for the honour of being better than the other. This match will take place on the 4th of January if everything goes to plan. Popcorn will be sold in the stands on the day and the weather has been said to be unpredictable so we'll see what happens. Two devs picked at random will be on hand to make pointless bets on who will win as well as analysing the match afterwards by looking at the game stats. This match is brought to you by:

APB.png

Chemwarss vs NX01Class

Taco Empire vs Team NX

Taco vs Pizza (lol)

The winners of this match will win a set of wonderful chibi Aircraftkiller T-shirts with the caption "Mod Is Dead". They are also very comfy and did I mention they were wonderful? The losers get a weeks holiday to the incest villages.

Fight on!

<h3>Hello 2008</h3>

Tis the end of the blog.

Til next week my friends, til next week.

nice blog .....i bet a peanut someone gets killed in the clan wars xD ...love the video ..and nice idea about the camras ...will they be destoryable ?

It's not a camera. It's a flashlight. Apparently BogDanV managed to get Dynamic Lightning in the renegade engine, which is a very nice step foward.

Guest scarabguy

Taco must be thristy for blood. Ah well, have fun thrashing =NX=, for you wont have it that easily from -SF-.

Nice blog. I may take up modeling in my spare time, just for kicks.

I bet a mammoth tank that sadukar dies during the conflict. (j/k)

Guest Allie29

It's not a camera. It's a flashlight. Apparently BogDanV managed to get Dynamic Lightning in the renegade engine, which is a very nice step foward.

I believe he was talking about the AFCHQ camera idea.