Blog 63 (09/01/08)

Well, I got back early today to do the blog because I'm feeling pretty ill. More details of what I'm afflicted with is down in the team updates section of the blog.

<h3>Conference #4 Overview</h3>

Here is the overview from our fourth conference as reported by dtrngd. King of reports.

-Rebuildable bridges are very possible to do, like you've seen the rebuildable buildings. Will be only repairable from the Bridge Repair Hut.

-Some team members are trying to learn using Unfold 3D. If they find it useful for characters, then we will have infantry unwrapped by this program.

-Ric is now starting on the Allied War Factory, the limit for externals is 4000 polygons. Go Ric!

Notes:

Differant background music in buildings..

The idea is: -There is a music for each map, just like in APB, but we also want some cheesy waiting music for lifts or stuff inside buildings. Problem is, that the map music and this waiting music playing at at the same time is too bad.

Example for waiting music:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s5zgpl

-Ben was eaten by Zion, after he changed his name to dinner. Rest in peace Comrade.

-Chevy wants to have shopping cart rushes ingame. With what? Answer is below.

http://www.n00bstories.com/image.fetch.php?id=1077142529

<h3>Allied War Factory</h3>

I was looking at the old model the other week whilst comparing it to the ingame model. I saw so many innaccuracies that I called Ric, the building maestro, to whip up a new one. I must say that he is doing us proud with this WIP so far. We can't wait to see the finished model as it's going to be great! Zion Fox has his eye on the interior for this so expect a nice treat when him and Le'Alex come to have a go at crafting the interior. WIP image below.

allwarfac11.jpg

<h3>Driller Thriller</h3>

We decided that our old drill was too basic for the allied technician. So we got rm5248 to make us a new one and hell, it is a beast. This monster is modelled off a real life cordless impact drill that really packs a punch. This drill will be issued to all allied technicians as standard for heavy duty structural repair of the buildings. Here is the model in it's WIP state below.

drill4.jpg

<h3>South Pacific</h3>

Remember the RA2 map south pacific? We certainly do. Included in TheKGBspy's assets was an unfinished terrain of this map. So I passed it along to dtrngd and got him to get working on it. This will probably be a map with either multiple bases or just two bases with the other start points being full of lovely tech buildings to capture. Here is the shape of the map as accurate to RA2 as it can be.

spconversion.png

dtrngd is currently fixing up the cliffs so that they look how they did in RA2, as well as the ramps down from the cliffs. This is sure to be an exiting map as it has the potential for land sea and air combat combined with fast and fluid gameplay. Score!

spacific3.png

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

It looks as if I'm out of action at college for the rest of the week since I have manged to get afflicted with a nasty virus. I was going to college on the bus this morning, felt really ill and basically threw up in the bus. (It wasn't pleasant). Apparently I must wait till the symptoms clear, then wait another 48 hours after that before I can go back to college. Time to get working on the mod then :D

cfehunter got eaten by a giant whale. Don't worry though, he'll drift back to us soon.

Ric's mouse is once again a blur as he models things.

dtrngd has been very helpful around the staff forum.

Chronojam's back from california.

The Taco Empire beat Team NX 2-1 in a clanwar. We are playing SF on saturday so expect news on that to follow afterwards.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Wendy House</h3>

According to [FW]Wolf, it looks as if Battle For Dune has some updates, so head over to www.battlefordune.co.uk to check it out.

It also seems that Scud Storm have come back to life (again) and have begun recruiting. If you want to make a start in modelling things, go check them out since they could use some help over at www.scudstorm.com

Reborn are getting ever closer to that release. It will be awesome to see this excellent project finally bear fruit. You shan't be dissapointed this time.

<h3>Fin-</h3>

That is the end. Come back next week for more monocle popping sillyness.

Wow, very early blog. !Vote OWA to get ill more often and get more done :)

So you got that vomiting virus thats going around eh? I hope I don't get that one, although it would be great to have time off university (only been back three days and already looking forward to the next time off!). Anyway, get well soon :D (But not too soon.....)

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Wow, very early blog. !Vote OWA to get ill more often and get more done :)

So you got that vomiting virus thats going around eh? I hope I don't get that one, although it would be great to have time off university (only been back three days and already looking forward to the next time off!). Anyway, get well soon :) (But not too soon.....)

:D

anyway nice blog, love the drill, and that map is really gonna rock

Love the new War Factory, drill looks 1337 and i love the map so far!!! Ty for the shout mate :D and yes that was a great clanwar, we'll ahve to do it again sometime.

Another great blog guys.

Guest Kakashi

OWA!! OWA!! OWA!!

/cheers

Seems like a lot of nifty stuff to play with (especially the shopping cart :D)

And don't forget to get well soon, don't want you to miss out on college!

Guest -SF-Ivan the Terrible

SF and me are hoping that this introducion war with taco will open a more involved clan community to make clan wars a much more common event. Now that in my opinion APB has 3 big clans that are big enough to fight each other which wasnt the case in the past.

Guest sadukar09

OWA feel better.

/me buttsecks OWA. :>

Blog was epic.

Mine OWA. :) :)

Anyways, nice blog, hope you feel better. And, nice shopping cart :D can't wait to use it.

All looks awesome well done, get better soon OWA, but don't forget to keep working :p lol j/k

Don't worry, the boring organisation work is happening at the moment. Taking sounds and renaming them from things like aoste to v_alllied_grizzly_fire

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Don't worry, the boring organisation work is happening at the moment. Taking sounds and renaming them from things like aoste to v_alllied_grizzly_fire

LOL does indeed sound boring