Blog 71 (05/03/2008)

"Welcome to this week's blog", an inevitable phrase that I utter each and every week. But who cares eh, this is just the bit before the actual awesomeness comes along. So yeah this blog is brought to you by the soundtrack of Yuri's Revenge, dominating minds since 2001.

<h3>Rhino Tank</h3>

"We will bury them!" was a common phrase that the Rhino tank could be heard shouting all over the RA2 battlefield. If you got enough of these soviet war machines you could easily overwhelm any enemy's base relatively quickly. There has been a gun barrel modification since these renders so that the Rhino will have a massive cartoony recoil to suit our style.

cfehunter has done a brilliant job with the texture here. He seems to be getting better and better by the day. Nice one dude!

Rubagaaba

render-4.jpgrenderf-11.jpg

renderd-1.jpgrenderz-2.jpg

post-1110-1204661688.jpg

<h3>New Mp5</h3>

Ric has been working on a new MP5 model, as the old model was under-detailed and awkward to work with. This weapon has a burst firing mode and is the Allied Navy SEAL's primary weapon.

Below is the new model. Expect SEAL's to be pwning face left right and centre with this beast.

mp5new07.jpgmp5new06.jpg

<h3>Soviet Technician</h3>

I showed the Allied Technician a couple of weeks back so here, before you now, is th his counterpart, the Soviet Technician. You may be wondering what the hell the bottles are for on his back. The answer is that he isn't a flame trooper, but he carries round a welder which he needs gas to power. This welder will repair buildings as well as being a fairly good close combat weapon. But to give him a chance at a longer range we plan on giving him a soviet standard issue pistol.

Check him out below. I'm still pondering on whether to give him a full blown welding mask or just some tinted go go goggles.

SovietTechy-1.png

<h3>Ivan's Unwrapped!</h3>

"Ivan's not home", but surely he is, he just doesn't want to come out and show himself after he attempted to decorate his house and ended up making the paint pots explode all over himself. When will that mad bomber learn eh?

ivandone.jpg

Unwrap is from dtrngd :D

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

3 weeks til coursework deadlines! I'd better get off my arse and do something. I'll post up my drama exam piece if I can get a copy of it. Then you can be absorbed by the drama/laugh at how silly I looked. :) Also, 3800th post!

cfehunter helped me with some coding for my coursework. Cheers man!

danpaul88 earns too much from bursaries. So everyone, go to him for a home owner loan at X% typical APR even if you are retired, have CCJ's and want to consolidate your existing debts into one monthly repayment.

oxi posted a very convincing arguement over at the C&C Reborn forums. Take a look as the battle continues!

Chronojam is off to Hungary to dev some systems. Wish him the best!

Tankmaster will have something neat to show you next week.

<h3>OWA's Community Support Sector Train</h3>

Watch out for those scanners and please don't tamper with your fake i.d too much.

train7-s.jpg

[FW]Wolf informs me that Battle For Dune is in need of riggers for their content. Go and check out this Dune game for the Renegade engine at http://www.battlefordune.co.uk

Star Wars Mod is in need of people to handle modelling and mapping. If you like the sound of a Star Wars conversion for C&C Renegade head over to http://scudstorm.team-nx.com/

<h3>Blast from the C&C Past</h3>

This week, let's take a look at the Eagle Red:Asian Alliance mod for Red Alert 2!

I really enjoy this mod, in fact it's one of my favourite mods of all time. The mod basically take out Yuri's faction and adds in the Asians (kinda ironic how this is how RA3 is set to develop; this mod coming years before the announcement of RA3 came through).

The Allies get some cool new units like an air to air fighter plane and an shockwave artillery-style unit. The Soviets beef up with Tesla boats, sentinel rad missile turrets and V4 rocket launchers whilst the asians bring railgun technology to the fray, as well as gattling guns, plasma cannons and flame weapons.

The balancing on this mod is top notch as well as the attention to detail the creators have put into the mod (aside from a few of the asian cameo icons). I fully recommend this mod!

Download it here!

<h3>As a British person, I crave dissapointment.</h3>

But I don't think this blog satisfied the craving.

C&C Reborn just about did though....

Love the rhino tanks!!!

MP5 looks so leet!

techie looks cool!

Ivan is coming along nicely :D

lul @ the ff7 train!

Another great blog! Keep up the great work!

Guest Allie29

Something about that MP5 seems to be a bit off...I can't place my finger on it. Otherwise good blog. And bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item @ reborn thread.

Edit: It's a missing a rear sight. That's probably the main thing that's bugging me, though it still seems like there's something else.

Edited by Allie29

Guest Glaedr

I gotta say, nice work on the rhino and ivan. Teh techie needs goggles, not a full mask, unless he only puts it on when he has the welder on.

And someone who has an account on the reborn forums site, dont forget to add the glitch where a spy can place a flare in the middle of the barr and it is impossible to get rid of it. I would, but it is not worth the effort to create an account.

Great Loving that texture!

and about reborn yeah it's disappointing but, I was not expecting much.

Also LOL@reply's to that thread forgot so many reborn fans were.. ah special :D

Edited by ChAoS

Wow, the Apocalypse Tank's a real behemoth.

oxi posted a very convincing arguement over at the C&C Reborn forums. Take a look as the battle continues!

bag of dicks, my favorite breakfast item, it's OK for GDI to use WMD's because they're only being used against Tiberium creatures, except in the actual game where they're only being used against Nod infantry. :D

Check him out below. I'm still pondering on whether to give him a full blown welding mask or just some tinted go go goggles.

Goggles, the soviets wouldn't waste time to give technicians proper helmets. Only the allies would be concerned about the safety of their welders in regards to sunburning or workplace accidents :p

Good blog all 'round though.

Guest Xiphias6

Hmm...Gas Welders eh? Would it scorch? If they're killed...will they...EXPLODE??? :p lol @ spies shooting them from behind and dying in the explosion

Funny weapon :p Very nice Rhinos...

Very nice blog as always AR Team! :) Also love the FF VII train and the Grand ol' fake i.d. reference indeed! :D

Hehe yeah. As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of FF7 :)

Guest =NX=VinGummi2

Nice blog

Love the tech and MP5

"Ivan's not home", but surely he is, he just doesn't want to come out and show himself after he attempted to decorate his house and ended up making the paint pots explode all over himself. When will that mad bomber learn eh?

LOL at that description with the paint and that

and really after reading your description of Eagle Red:Asian Alliance I wondered if EA took inspiration from it, really then could even sue EA fro using there ideas I think, gotta try this mod

Guest r34ch

renderz-2.jpg

Wow. T 34-85 anyone? That looks incredibly cool.

ivandone.jpg

Wow, the face is very detailed, very nice job OWA. I hope APBs inf get a re haul in the facial area. Also, dtr's unwraps are nice :D

As a British person, I crave dissapointment.

Heh, i love Bill Bailey.

C&C Reborn just about did though....

Oh noes, i agree and as such i must be a fan boy!

Yet again, AR looks more and more amazing.

Edited by r34ch

Guest Allie29

That MP5 isn't fully modeled right? It doesn't say anywhere but I just wanna make sure...something STILL bugs me about it, maybe when the rear aiming sight is added it'll look better. Just seems like something else is missing, I can't put my finger on it.

Guest commander_crazy

Somethings strange about that mp5 i just cant get my head around something looks missing......

and i prefer them when they have a torch unit.

Guest Allie29

Well for a WIP it's very good then :D I'll reserve judgement until it's done, just "looked" done yet not done... if you know what I mean.

Guest theta123

Nice blog,Love the rhinos

And i love the Sovjet Technician.It has a welder,and i am a welder xD

If this is a oxyacetylene gas welder,i suggest making the gas cilinders as in real life.The acetylen one,has a Red-brown head,and the Oxygen one,has a white head

And stop making fun of Reborn,OWA :D

Its a lovely mod

Edited by theta123

Guest Sparda

Another cool blog. It all looks great. lol haven't played FFVII for awhile so seeing that train and reference strangley has made me want to play it again.

And stop making fun of Reborn,OWA :D

Its a lovely mod

Trivia time: Did you know that the internal build of AR is more balanced than Reborn presently?