Blog 90 (16/07/08)

<h3>MP5</h3>

TheBeerinator has looked at a few tutorials and has now begun to texture the MP5. So far I am really pleased with the outcome! I bet you guys can't wait to see this one finished either.

Here's a WIP

MP5wip-2-1.jpg

This will be passed onto TruYuri, when it has been completed artwise, for hot riggings as soon as we have hands to grab the guns with. (Yes, Apocalypse Rising will feature brand new gun hands!)

<h3>Production: Making a Character</h3>

Now some of you may think "how the hell does OWA manage to pump out those infantry models so quickly?" (referring to a few months back of course :D). Well I'll show you my methods for creating a character.

Firstly, I modelled a basic body, starting at the arm and extruding the polygons out and round to form the body. This is the basic body with which I build all of my infantry models using since it keeps a nice constistant model style. I used various pictures of the basic human anatomy form, textured onto planes, to greatly help with creating realistic humanoid frames.

Here is the finished basic body

Characterbase1-1.png

Now for creating a custom character. Basically all of my work is done with the extrude tool. I simply extrude the blocks from the basic human model to create the shape I want, editing the position of various vertices, edges and polygons as I go. Here is an example of what I could create in a couple of minutes (starting with the human base frame).

Extrude-1.png

This is basically how I create all of my characters (minus the heads, which I create in a differant program to then export in and weld to the body. Frankenstein style).

<h3>Eastern European Derelict Building</h3>

BogdanV has been busy working on an re-vamping an old map project of his as well taking photographs of coomunist era buildings from Eastern Europe. He has modelled one of these structures from the referances that he has gathered. It is a model of a civilian building from the communist era.

buildone_1-1.jpg

buildone_side1-1.jpgbuildone_side2-1.jpg

buildone_side3-1.jpgbuildone_side4-1.jpg

<h3>Team Notices</h3>

I've been working all day today on sealing up the inside of a grain storage shed, so I'm pretty tired right now.

cfehunter got Devil May Cry 4 for his PC. He claims that it uses all four of his cpu cores to run :)

dtrngd has gone on holiday.

Congratulations to Reborn (the person) for getting married! oxi was there as the event unfolded!

Still waiting to get hold of Blazer to resolve the website issues....

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

The long awaited FF7 Radioplay, Barret's Date, has been released!

Here is the source video for your viewing pleasure...

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Head here to download the file manually and check out other details about this production!

<h3>Score! You win!</h3>

Find out what you have won next week!

If that MP5 is a WIP... MY GOD!! What will it look like when finished!

Lol i never knew thats how you did the inf, quickest way i guess ^_^

Cool civ buildings, i hope there will be more like it!

Mr.T Barret ftw!!!!!

Another epic blog guys, keep it up!

Guest GummiBear
:D if that MP5 is WIP how is the final then gonna be? and lol nice easy way to make inf, also ensure you they all get exact same heights. I suppose that basic model took far longer than even several of the edits coupled together right?

:D if that MP5 is WIP how is the final then gonna be? and lol nice easy way to make inf, also ensure you they all get exact same heights. I suppose that basic model took far longer than even several of the edits coupled together right?

Yeah, it was my project at the start of the year.

Guest theta123

BLARG time is always a good time :)

I hope the quality of that MP5 will also be seen on the FN minimi and other weapons :D

IIRC we already have a website, and I bought the domain, so we just need Blazer to setup the nameserver for the domain to point to, and somewhere to put the website.... OWA is supposed to be sorting these things out...

IIRC we already have a website, and I bought the domain, so we just need Blazer to setup the nameserver for the domain to point to, and somewhere to put the website.... OWA is supposed to be sorting these things out...

It would help if Blazer replied. :D