Blog 92 (30/07/08)

Welcome to the blog, no doubt you've been waiting for this, so check out the polygons on these hot objects.

<h3>Flak Track Ingame</h3>

danpaul88 has been grappling with the Flak Track to get it rigged up and ingame. He has re-unwrapped the tracks after adding polygons to them, allowing them to bend over slopes. There are still a few issues to be worked out with the physics but after, we should have another completed vehicle!

Here are some WIP shots. Lots of westwood logos!

Too big! It's like a Battle Flaktress!

post-1542-1217430330.jpgpost-1542-1217430530.jpg

Flat tyres and bumps in the road!

post-1542-1217435917.jpgpost-1542-1217461504.jpg

Rigged using 3d Studio Max 8! No texture on the tracks, but fixed in the next image down!

post-1542-1217455644.jpgpost-1542-1217441992.jpg

post-1542-1217461512.jpg

Here are the four flavours ingame and visually complete!

flaku.jpgflakf.jpg

flakd.jpgflaks.jpg

<h3>Ivan's Weapons</h3>

Ric has been applying the final touches to two of Ivan's new weapons (as well as a third bonus, which you'll have to wait for).

These two weapons are the MP-412 REX Revolver, which will be Ivan's sidearm as well as a nifty combat knife (for stabbing people in the face with).

Check them both out below.

Here's the revolver. It's not a single action army, even though russkie torture expert Revolver Ocelot uses one. It has six bullets (enough to kill anything that moves

:D) per revolver clip.

revolver11.jpgrevolver12.jpg

Combat Knife! *stabs* Great for opening cans of baked beans!

knife03-1.jpg

TruYuri has some great plans for the animation of these new weapons!

<h3>Allied Camo Patterns</h3>

We want to make the allied camo patterns differant to the Soviet ones, so we are taking suggestions for patterns and colours. There will be the Urban, Woodland, Desert and Snow camoflages appearing for the allies, but we are still debating on the patterns and such.

Here are a few suggestions from me.

To respect RA2, I figured that our Allied Desert camoflage should be a plain tan colour or, if that was too bland, a Renegade 2 inspired pattern (images of each camoflage are viewable below. RA2 followed by Renegade 2 below that).

Prism_Tanks.jpgPrism.jpg

I was thinking of perhaps a tiger stripe camoflage for the woodland version. As seen in this picture applied to an M1A1 Abrams.

For the Urban camoflage I looked towards how the actual ingame voxel was painted out in the blue/grey scheme (as seen in this render of the Grizzly Tank from awesome, but now dead, Generals conversion "RA2: Road to Moscow")

I haven't looked into snow camoflage.

Any suggestions are welcome!

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I went to see the Dark Knight on Monday (which rocked) and I also passed my driving theory test! I'm at home alone all next week since I'm not going on holiday away this year. But it was my decision. Peace and quiet ftw.

cfehunter has unwrapped Ric's knife.

TheBeerinator is now onto texturing it and has also done a bit more work on the MP5!

danpaul88 has been working on the new alpha for the testers which should be released to them sometime next month.

dtrngd is back and has now resumed mapmaking!

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

Just so that you guys know that we are who we say we are. Here is a picture of your favourite two Bluehell Productions Lead Producers.

bhpleadersdk8.png

<h3>Why?</h3>

Because cheese.

Yes, The Dark Knight is a great film, I saw it last Sunday :D

Flak tracks are looking awesome ingame, congrats to TheBeerinator on his texturizing. And they are fun to drive too... shame nobody else has them yet! muhahaha xD

Guest MuadDib15

That is an awesome flaktrack. My brother likes the bars on the front. <3 the knife and pistol. Will the knife have a better animation than Urimas's? I saw the Dark knight when it came out in theathers. We came in during the comercials and missed the entire line.

lots of pics ...:D very cool and i think the flak truck should have the classic desert print http://www.blowfeld.net/xbox/images/FPC%20Desert%20Camo.jpg

and yes to the tiger striped camo and yes to the urban ...snow maybe something like this

http://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicodrefont...en_montagne.jpg

just throwing in some ideas :)

ohhh and love ivans new toys

Edited by WallYWooD

Guest u6795

Dude, Ivans revolver is SO fucking awesome. I absolutely love the concept you guys used. Revolvers are very badass.

Awesome blog, the Flak track is cool but a little large. Eh, it's awesome still though.

Guest EVA-251

Flak Track- Great

Revolver- Awesome

Knife- *Poke*

Allied Camo Schemes-

Use the Prism Tank's scheme from that screenshot you provided for desert.

GrizzlyTDrone.png

Shows a Grizzly Tank about to be ripped apart by a Terror Drone

Funny how huge the drone is shown to be in this screencap, its larger than a man.

This coloration could be used for Forest (or snow, if you look at the picture closely). Looking at the cameos, Grizzly cameo is similar.

As for urban, Steel blue FTW

Guest GummiBear

nice flaktrack, and I can't wait to stab those allied infantry with the knife, or just shoot them the "good old way"

Also hurry up with that alpha danpaul88 :p

Love the flak track <3

Revolver and Knife are just pure win *stabs in face*

For the desert camo i think the renegade 2 one is better.

Thats not the real OWA, the real one has long grey hair :x

Another great blog guys!

Guest Westy543

I can't wait to see what TruYuri will do with all of these. Hopefully some pretty cool stuff.

Wolf, why are you stabbing OWA in the face? :D

Guest Stormweaver

Flak track will be awesome...they already look great, though seeing one in action would be great >.<

Ivan I can see will probably end up being my fave unit. combat weaponry in the form of a knife and pistol is perfect for the radarproofness....be much better than APB sniper for chillin in the e War Factory >.<

and the bombs...can i ask - place a bomb on someone, they get in a vehicle, can we make it so they still die? I can see some awesome strats if true >.<

Edited by Stormweaver

very nice, but what happened to the War Factory and tesla trooper, i though they already had textures.

That was a video that I made using RA2: Vengeance, one of AR's donators.

We didn;t put the textures on the tesla trooper as we'd just have to remove them all again afterwards when the new model came in. The War Factory is a completely differant model to the on that was shown in the Vengeance video.

Give Ivan a Clint Eastwood voice :D

Ivan is russian though. Also we will be using the actual unit sounds from RA2. But I see where you were going with the Revolver gag xD

If we ever make the cameo character "Flint Westwood", we'll make sure that he is properly equipped ;p