Blog 107 (12/11/08)

Welcome to this week's blog folks! I hope I can whet your appetite with these new developments.

Here we go.

<h3>Allied Barracks Texture Progress</h3>

TheBeerinator has been working on texturing the Allied Barracks. I am really pleased with how it's turned out, as is TheBeerinator himself. See the progress for yourself below!

Barx1-1-1.jpgbarx2-1-1.jpg

Barx3-1.jpg

<h3>FN Minimi Para</h3>

Here's one for theta123. Yes that's right! The FN Minimi Para, modelled by Guywithawrench. You will need to deploy your GI to use this weapon. It will have more range than the Conscript's gun but will offer restricted manouverability for the operator.

The model shall undergo some final tweaks before it is unwrapped, so feel free to leave constructive critisism.

para1-1.jpgpara2-1.jpg

para3-1.jpgpara4-1.jpg

para5-1.jpg

<h3>The Chrono Miner Strikes Back</h3>

So, those soviets thought they had the upper hand in the mining stakes huh? They'll all learn their mistakes when we bring forth our newest weapon built using bits of their technology. Mwahahahahaha!

Here is an image.

post-1542-1226170777-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Well, I've finished RA3 but my new PC has been delayed again, so I have to wait to experience it in it's full glory.

I saw cfehunter at the weekend when I went home and he was suprised to hear that I was on BCPT. He's doing well and is cleaning up his coursework ready for the christmas holidays.

dtrngd has been dancing and informing hungarian girls that I am an avid drinker of tea, much to their joy. Score!

TheBeerinator has been trying to evade a certain individual that has been pm spamming him. It's not right that our poor artist be subjected to such torture D:

Lord_Kane, however, enjoys watching the torture, for he has no heart. :)

<h3>OWA's Random Section</h3>

If Homer simpson and Barney the Dinosaur took on Peter Griffin and Fred Flintstone, who would win?

Lets' find out!

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aPwzksAjs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aPwzksAjs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aPwzksAjs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Envoy of the End</h3>

That card is banned :D

Guest Allie29

The SAW looks pretty sweet, I don't know enough of that model to be able to note anything except that perhaps the ammo box looks slightly odd at its end, but that may just be the shadow.

Guest EVA-251

The Minimi looks great, but I am not too sure that is the weapon they intended for the GI >.>

http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php...si&img=2665

http://www.cnc-source.com/forums/index.php...si&img=2668

But then again, a bunch of guys running around with Browning .50s doesn't make much sense, and APB already is using an M60.

Like the way the Barracks is shaping up, too bad that the Ren engine is horrible for interior combat. (hurr hurr I kill you through concrete walls and cover with my rocket)

Guest Tsumetai

Oooh. With every blog, I go more and more insane in anticipation of AR (and the new APB, while we're on the subject).

BTW: that's "whet your appetite", not "wet". :p

Guest AdrwIvrsn

The Minimi looks great, but I am not too sure that is the weapon they intended for the GI >.>

But then again, a bunch of guys running around with Browning .50s doesn't make much sense, and APB already is using an M60.

I think by this point it's too late to change the weapons into fictional ones, but I do hope that in the second release they will convert the weapons into the fictional ones like in the concept art. I also think that the fictional weapons fit the cartoony feel of RA2 more than real weapons, so that's mainly why I prefer them better.

Guest HYBRID BEING

LOL, the miner kicks ass. No way to stop Allies from mining :)

And TheBeerinator rules again :D

Edited by HYBRID BEING

Guest theta123
Here's one for theta123. Yes that's right! The FN Minimi Para, modelled by Guywithawrench

:):):) ^^

Lovely FN minimi para i'de say.Im glad AR lads decided to use the origenal weapon, not that american copy the M249 SAW :)

Amusing Blarg :o:D

Awesome. The barracks texture looks pretty good, i love the tile work on the floor and the FN Minimi Para looks sexy. Question. how many rounds will it hold per clip? or is that undecidable yet. :D

Guest lawmakerex

Oh Lolations. The Miner is so epic. Behold the ultimate miner!

I really love the gun but it wont be noticed that much ingame. Its good anyway keep it up.

Well there is one thing i can say about AR. The buildings are HUGE!!!!! I mean we can fight a whole game in one building(CY maybe or Superweapons). Its going to be awesome when done.

Homer is a beast! Sugar rush maybe?

Like the way the Barracks is shaping up, too bad that the Ren engine is horrible for interior combat. (hurr hurr I kill you through concrete walls and cover with my rocket)

In the ini the weapon name is "Para", so we went with that.

Oooh. With every blog, I go more and more insane in anticipation of AR (and the new APB, while we're on the subject).

BTW: that's "whet your appetite", not "wet". :p

Fixed.

I really love the gun but it wont be noticed that much ingame. Its good anyway keep it up.

I think it'll be noticed when it starts mowing down unsuspecting soviet infantry.

Guest EVA-251

In the ini the weapon name is "Para", so we went with that.

Yes, and the Primary weapon of the GI was "M60". It's your call, and to be honest, while it would be nice to see an M60, that FN Minimi is incredible :v

But remember, going by that logic, the Rocketeer has a 20mm cannon, the Siege Chopper has a 160mm Cannon and the Destroyer has a 155mm. (we all know the Destroyer had a peashooter, judging by the damage it did to tanks)

Edited by EVA-251

Guest killertomato

MINIMI! MINIMI! I don't really see why you used the "Minimi" designator, as most of RA3 is American, but I digress. That is an AWESOME model.

Guest Kakashi

RA3 has lots of european allied units, check the profiles. The Cryocopter (Netherlands), the Mirage (France), the Dolphin (Glasgow) and the Apollo (Sweden).

From what I know Javelin, Athena Cannon, Vindicator and Spy are also european units (there are no profiles to them yet so I can't check though).

Guest EVA-251

RA3 has lots of european allied units, check the profiles. The Cryocopter (Netherlands), the Mirage (France), the Dolphin (Glasgow) and the Apollo (Sweden).

From what I know Javelin, Athena Cannon, Vindicator and Spy are also european units (there are no profiles to them yet so I can't check though).

I think he meant RA2, and if he meant that, he is correct.

(btw, Javelin = Black American)

Edited by EVA-251

Guest Kakashi

Learned something new again I guess.

In RA1 and 2 there were mainly american allied units, that's true. I don't think it's impossible to get european weapons or equipment through threaties and agreements though.

Guest Deadpikle

Ahaha, the ore miner is great.

Thebeerinator, its so freaking nice you joined the team. ^_^ Keep it up

Edited by Deadpikle

Guest Pelikan132

TheBeerinator has been working on texturing the Allied Barracks. I am really pleased with how it's turned out, as is TheBeerinator himself. See the progress for yourself below!

Woohoo! Walls coloured finally (and its good) :).

I think a good placed Athena can protect you from the superweapon (if there are some in RA3) with its A.E.G.I.A Shield. Dont you think? :D

Guest theta123

Learned something new again I guess.

In RA1 and 2 there were mainly american allied units, that's true. I don't think it's impossible to get european weapons or equipment through threaties and agreements though.

The entire current US army machine gun equipment is made of Belgian Designs, with just an american like name on it :D

Every goddam game has American made weapons

Its gonna be the FN Minimi Para!End of story :) !Beside, 3 of the countrys in Ra2 where european countrys, so in a real war situation, i think Germany/france/UK would, just have to travel 200 kilometers, to get their weapons :)

Edited by theta123