Blog 111 (11/12/08)

Hey guys, sorry about the late blog. I'm up to my neck in deadlines at the moment so thanks for being so patient.

This week we have a blast form the past.

<h3>Old Forums are back!</h3>

MightyBOB, from over at C&C Source, has been busy behind the scenes there digging up old relics. Amongst those relics are the old Apocalypse Rising forums. Which I have had a lot of laughs from already, remembering the good times back in the day.

So, check it out if you want to see how Apocalypse Rising was back when we weren't as big. There is also quite a lot of nice information over there that you may not have seen before, so make sure to check it out!

Here are a few screenies from some of my favourite topics.

Oldstuff1-1.pngOldstuff2-1.png

OldStuff3-1.pngOldStuff4-1.png

And a nice pic of the Allied Power Plant that I dug up :D

PP04-1.jpg

Go check out the archive here!

<h3>Police Car</h3>

Guy with a wrench has been modeling up some civilian vehicles. So far he has done the police car. He did have the propaganda truck basically done too, but it needed a few tweaks so it didn't make it this week.

Civilian vehicles will be placed on urban levels, whether they will be driveable is still to be decided. Expect to see some more stuff like this soon.

Look! Pictures!

pcar-1.jpgpcar1-1.jpg

<h3>Minutes from the 11th Conflab</h3>

dtrngd is back to his conferencing antics again. Here he is with the update from saturday's discussion.

11th AR Conference overview

We had a slowly going, long conference, and talked about following things:

-The Allied IFV will be remodelled/updated by our great leader, One_Winged_Angel, since it's a quite old model, and the turret can't turn around 360 degrees (bit like APB's Heavy Tank)

Quotes:

r34ch: I don't like the exhaust vent at the back IMHO

TheBeerinator: like a lego-brick-mobile

Chevy787: we can make it much better

-We haven't decided the PPSH's secondary fire, but if possible, you will switch to ironsights with right click. Animations will be redone with new hands.

-Flak Trooper's cannon will be edited or completely remade. Primary fire: arced shot, strong vs infantry. Secondary fire (cluster shot): will have a long range and will do damage to aircraft, but little damage to infantry, since the shrapnel has broken up. (Remotely like the UT3 Flak Cannon)

-Tesla Trooper:

One_Winged_Angel: there will be a reload time, but just no animation since he doesn;t need to physically reload. We could have guages on the gun which display a recharge bar or something.

The secondary fire is punching with the tesla fist.

-Rocketeer's primary fire will be dual shot, secondary fire will be faster single shots

-GI:

One_Winged_Angel: I'm thinking burst (primary) and semi auto (secondary) for the small weapon and then full auto (primary) and burst (secondary) for the hmg

-Seal: same as GI's undeployed mode gun

-We also considered adding in an ironsight mode for most conventional weapons to increase accuracy and functionality.

-The Allied Barracks' major weakpoint is going to have a neat explosion animation. A big boom will kill everyone inside the room, ammo crates will fly away, etc.

TankMaster also participated! \o/

Topics for next meeting:

-Infantry speeds/movement.

-Buildings (War Factories is my priority).

-New Test Build.

-Texture artist recruitment

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

Coursework. Deadlines. Aaaaargh!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

David Hayter at the anime expo. In one of the videos he's introduced to Egoraptor, creator of Metal Gear Awesome.

Also a cool article on what Dave thought of the ending to MGS4. (SPOILERWARNING)

<h3>Back to work.</h3>

Hope you enjoyed this, I'm back to work on my university projects now. Seeya!

Guest A_Mustang

Will car be mind-controllable like in RA2? can the police car shoot a gun like in allied mission 4? (RA2)

Will Tesla punch reload faster then the shock attack? IF- the car is mind-controlled can it be driven or act as a APC?

Great blog. period (.)

Edited by A_Mustang

Guest Pyrodaimon

Curious. Something inside of me told me to come and check for an AR blog right at this very moment. So I enter the forums and, indeed, I find the newest AR blog. Man, I think I'm becoming a psychic or something like that.

Nice blog. I like the design of the PP. What's the weakpoint in it?

And the police car is looking great! A question, will it emit a loud siren as it did in RA2? I remember killing every police car I encountered because of its annoying siren (also, they sounded funny when you killed them; the dying fading of the siren.)

Edited by Pyrodaimon

Guest ivan55599

iron sights? this become like red orchesta, u need always ironsight? l liked renegade style, although it is easy to use/ old

Edited by ivan55599

Will car be mind-controllable like in RA2? can the police car shoot a gun like in allied mission 4? (RA2)

Will Tesla punch reload faster then the shock attack? IF- the car is mind-controlled can it be driven or act as a APC?

Great blog. period (.)

1. I don't know.

2. Perhaps.

3. Seeing as both have quite a short reload time, it may not be that significant.

4. The school bus is the "APC" type vehicle. We may make it drivable.

Curious. Something inside of me told me to come and check for an AR blog right at this very moment. So I enter the forums and, indeed, I find the newest AR blog. Man, I think I'm becoming a psychic or something like that.

Nice blog. I like the design of the PP. What's the weakpoint in it?

And the police car is looking great! A question, will it emit a loud siren as it did in RA2? I remember killing every police car I encountered because of its annoying siren (also, they sounded funny when you killed them; the dying fading of the siren.)

The weakpoints have not been decided yet. The interior will be getting a little bigger to accomodate more features.

The siren will return as well as the dying siren.

iron sights? this become like red orchesta, u need always ironsight? l liked renegade style, although it is easy to use/ old

Think of the idea as renegade with ironsights as an option to switch to at a keypress. We don't know if it will even work yet.

Ahhh i haven't seen the AR stuff over at C&C Source for awhile lol

I love the police car, and i am so glad you are going to have civ vehs on urban levels, it give it the "RA2 feel" even more!

Another great blog, keep it up!.. And good luck with your coursework OWA lol

love the idea of iron sights :D personally, i think that people can just hop in civilian vehicles and drive. not just because its cool, but it makes gameplay more interesting by having people use infantry more. kind of like having free supply trucks, but having civilian vechs. also, a garage with respawning vechs on urban maps would be cool.

Guest EVA-251

I disagree with civilian cars being drivable normally.

Perhaps units like the Technician, Engineer could hotwire the vehicle.

Yuri could simply mind control it, and it would become drivable by the Soviets.

But on some maps like Anytown Amerika (I really hope you guys do this map, I am sure I am not alone in saying it is a CLASSIC), it could be a nasty balance issue if one team hijacked one of the buses for use as a five man transport.

Guest r315r4z0r

Iron sights could be cool.. and in theory wouldn't be that hard to set up if you made all the sights just sniper scope drawings that didn't zoom. That way, when ever you "used the scope" it would instead of a "scope" texture on the screen, it would be a drawing of the weapon pointed down the iron sights.

:v

Nice blog.

.. Oh and speaking of Christmas hatting, I need a new avy here..