Blog 147 (27/08/09)

Welcome one and all to this week's blog! I have a few goodies for you this week, so let's get to it!

<h3>Tech Machine Shop</h3>

Guy with a wrench has been really busy pumping out tech buildings this week. The first of these to be completed model-wise is the Tech Machine Shop.

Basically, if an engineer captures this structure, whilst out on his travels, it will provide a small health and armour regeneration bonus for vehicles. Combined with a high vehicle rank, this has the potential turn the tide of a battle. However, be wary because the machine shop and other tech structures can also be destroyed, which denies both teams of the advantages.

Tech structures have no weak points, but they do feature an interface for which engineers can capture and use the building for their team's advantage.

Check below for some images of this unorthodox-looking structure.

MachineShop1-1.jpgMachineShop2-1.jpg

<h3>Tesla Reactor</h3>

dtrngd has been working away on the Tesla Reactor's interior. He has taken my model and has begun to expand on it. Unlike the Allied Power Plant, the Tesla Reactor only has two minor weak points instead of three. However, they will roughly match up all together health-wise.

The major weak point is going to be something incredibly special to behold once it is ready. There are multiple routes down to the major weak point. One of these ways involves a staircase that is heavily influenced from the never-ending Shin-Ra Building staircase in Final Fantasy 7 (the "sneaky" route). I don't know about you guys, but I can't to walk around inside this structure as the main generators emit a low humming noise.

Here are a few renders to wet your appetite for destruction.

TeslaReactorInt1-1.pngTeslaReactorInt2-1.png

TeslaReactorExt1-1.png

<h3>Big News</h3>

Before last week, Apocalypse Rising was still using scripts version 3.4.4. But now, thanks to the power of science, danpaul88, some paper-clips and several secret flavouring ingredients; we are proud to announce that Apocalypse Rising's next internal test build will be running on scripts 4.0. That's right! We've joined the club.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank the clever individuals who are working on scripts 4.0 currently, including jonwil, StealthEye and Saberhawk. These guys and the rest of the crew at Tiberian Technologies are one of the reasons that we stay on the w3d engine. Give a round of e-applause for the unsung heroes of today's w3d advances because by god do they deserve it.

<h3>Revolver Unwrapped: A Tale of Woe</h3>

"BANG!" wents Crazy Ivan's revolver has he shot an unexpected Allied Rocketeer in the side of the head whilst he was viewing the military grade slop on offer at the Soviet Barracks Canteen.

"Heh", Ivan thought to himself "where would I be without this trusty side-arm of mine". He spun the gun round his finger before placing it back in it's holster. Just then, in walked the Desolator from a hard day's fighting on the battlefield. The iron crunch of his boots echoed throughout the Soviet Barracks as he lumbered into the canteen area.

"Have you heard", he said in a thick accent, "It will be a silent spring".

"That's what you always say", Ivan retorted as he reached for one of his demolition packs. The Desolator looked over at the body of the Rocketeer that had been foolish enough to actually take interest in the crap that the soviet chefs called food.

"I see you had flying insect trouble" he stated in a sadistic tone.

"Da comrade, da" replied Ivan "But I couldn't have fixed the problem without this revolver of mine. Unwrapped by chevy787 you know".

"Looks good to me", said the Desolator, "Hey, do you hear rain?"

Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the Soviet Barracks violently.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK" was Ivan's last word...

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been working on something special for next week's blog.

cfehunter is gearing up for university.

dtrngd is balancing out the Rhino Tank and the Grizzly Tank. It's pretty fair at the moment, but we need to make some proper tests before we confirm anything. (Using values from RA2 works!)

Guy with a wrench has started to model the Tech Power Plant

Poggel is on a break.

The community's very own Mammoth Tank, Mammutpanzer, attended the GamesCom in Cologne, Germany. He was then spontaneously invited to attend the CommandCom whilst wearing an AR t-shirt. His full write-up is in the works and is not to be missed when it goes live!

A big thanks goes out to Greenflammes. "Why?" you ask. Well, according to a few of my sources, he's been doing a pretty good job in translating the AR blogs into German for the viewing pleasure of the masses of German C&C fans. Keep up the good work man :D

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Texture Artists</h4>

<h4>3d Model Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in either a 2d or 3d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the forseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competant at creating their own 2d textures or 3d models in 3d Studio Max/Maya.
  • is over the age of 16.

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures or models, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Wishmaster! The mis-heard lyrics.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Insert analogy here.</h3>

Nope, it's just not gonna work.

Guest Xiphias6

Epic. Epic and more epicness. BHP never fails to deliver. :D The mini-tesla coil looks cute.

Edit: Also, what's lightening?

Edited by Xiphias6

Guest GummiBear

awesome Tesla Reactor, though somehow that machine shop doesn't look very accurate to RA2... or is it just too long since I played it last?

Guest Stormweaver

<h3>Revolver Unwrapped: A Tale of Woe</h3>

"BANG!" wents Crazy Ivan's revolver has he shot an unexpected Allied Rocketeer in the side of the head whilst he was viewing the military grade slop on offer at the Soviet Barracks Canteen.

"Heh", Ivan thought to himself "where would I be without this trusty side-arm of mine". He spun the gun round his finger before placing it back in it's holster. Just then, in walked the Desolator from a hard day's fighting on the battlefield. The iron crunch of his boots echoed throughout the Soviet Barracks as he lumbered into the canteen area.

"Have you heard", he said in a thick accent, "It will be a silent spring".

"That's what you always say", Ivan retorted as he reached for one of his demolition packs. The Desolator looked over at the body of the Rocketeer that had been foolish enough to actually take interest in the crap that the soviet chefs called food.

"I see you had flying insect trouble" he stated in a sadistic tone.

"Da comrade, da" replied Ivan "But I couldn't have fixed the problem without this revolver of mine. Unwrapped by chevy787 you know".

"Looks good to me", said the Desolator, "Hey, do you hear rain?"

Suddenly a bolt of lightening struck the Soviet Barracks violently.

"FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK" was Ivan's last word...

...win.

Guest ivan55599

ahh waiting is over! u dont anymore need to wait it, and ARgh and gamma are little closer.

nice buildings. what u mean that machine shop is an unorthodoxic structure?

bah vid nou available in finlandia due copyright restrictions :p

Edited by ivan55599

awesome Tesla Reactor, though somehow that machine shop doesn't look very accurate to RA2... or is it just too long since I played it last?

Yeah Gummibear, it looks a tad TOO long but hey, if we could drive into it...:)

We based our machine shop off the concept art: http://www.baxaart.com/artchives/Yuri/machshop.jpg

nice buildings. what u mean that machine shop is an unorthodoxic structure?

I mean that it's unorthodox because it is a weird shape and has no interior :D

Guest HitmanUltra

........before the ingenious Soviet Commander activated the local base's Iron Curtain and rendered all subsequent bolts of lightning harmless, like small insects smashing against a tank.

"Phew, that was close" Ivan thought to himself.

feel free to continue :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

........before the ingenious Soviet Commander activated the local base's Iron Curtain and rendered all subsequent bolts of lightning harmless, like small insects smashing against a tank.

"Phew, that was close" Ivan thought to himself.

feel free to continue :D

Then as the Iron Curtain subsided, Tanya entered and killed everybody and blew up the weakpoint of the only remaining building. The end.

As for the Tesla Reactor, at first I also had that thought that is was too wide too, until I remembered that it is the same one I complemented in the previous blog, and the fact that we have only known of it isometricaly so this is a completely new perspective of it to us.

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest HYBRID BEING
Tech Machine Shop
Need i say that it's epic?) I just hope it would be far from main battlegrounds cause troops obviously will try to take cover in it and vehicles will obviously destroy tech while trying to clear it.

Tesla Reactor
Wow, the TR render is actually not bad. Wonder if rocketeers can get into those giant tubes.

Revolver Unwrapped: A Tale of Woe
Ivan is so FFRUUSTRATED. :)

Wishmaster! The mis-heard lyrics.
It's a very old stuff, though still funny :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

lol

Edit: To not make this a low content post, I would like to ask what is your interpretation of the side elbow pipes of the Tesla Reactor? If they are exhaust pipes, then how would that work for Soviet green technology?

Edited by AdrwIvrsn

Guest HYBRID BEING

Soviet green technology?

Lol, they don't have one. :D Remeber exhaust pipes on refinery and industrial plant...

Edited by HYBRID BEING

That just wins! :D

lol

Edit: To not make this a low content post, I would like to ask what is your interpretation of the side elbow pipes of the Tesla Reactor? If they are exhaust pipes, then how would that work for Soviet green technology?

Cooling ducts I guess.

Loving that Tech Machine Shop, such an awesome building indeed.

The Tesla Reactor interiors are just getting that "wow" look the rest of the buildings have, really can't wait to run around in it, even more so if it has the shin-ra stairs!

Cool blog, nice work!