Blog 149 (09/09/09)

Welcome to the blog guys! This week is a Guy with a wrench special, since two of his creations are showcased! See below for more.

<h3>Tech Outpost</h3>

So you want to repair in the field huh? Not an allied player with the advantages of the repair IFV? Then this is your best bet Soviets! The Tech Outpost! Defended by a patriot missile battery, this sturdy construction can be taken advantage of by engineers to systematically act as a repair point for soviet (or allied) armour in the field. Take heed comrades and send your engineers out in search of these key structures to gain an advantage in the field.

Modelled by Guy with a wrench, images below.

Outpost1-1.jpgOutpost2-1.jpg

<h3>Tech Power Plant</h3>

Tech Power Plants are available on some objective based maps where the Allies and Soviets must race to capture a certain number of them to power up something destructive, be it a Time Machine, a Psychic Amplifier, a Psychic Beacon, a Super Weapon or something else that requires a lot of power.

Of course, you could always win by destroying the enemy's structure, but they won't make it easy for you.

Anyway, here's what all you budding engineers out there will be capturing soon enough.

Modelled by Guy with a wrench.

TechPowerPlant-1.png

<h3>Prism Tower</h3>

dtrngd has modelled up a new Prism Tower for the allies to defend their bases with. The prism tower works by refracting light through some sort of giant mirror. This effect can be multiplied when multiple Prism Towers fire into each other (we have this working btw).

Here is the model below!

prism_tower4-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I went to see Muse and they were awesome! I also got on TV! I'm standing next to the girl with the epic blue hair. (Shout out to Shannon! <3)

cfehunter is moving into university very soon along with myself and Eggman891. I'm going to be there on friday and I can't wait!

dtrngd has started fixing up the Soviet Refinery. Soon we are going to have a lot of lovely soviet structures ready for TheBeerinator!

danpaul88 has been away.

The rest of the team has been doing various bits and bobs.

<h3>We're Looking For...</h3>

We are looking for extra staff members to join our ranks!

At the moment we are looking for:

<h4>2d Artists</h4>

<h4>3d Model Artists</h4>

What we are looking for in either a 2d or 3d artist, is someone who:

• is enthusiastic about working with the BHP Apocalypse Rising Team.
  • has spare time.
  • will be active in the forseeable future (a.k.a we don't want you running off).
  • is competant at creating their own 2d textures or 3d models in 3d Studio Max/Maya.
  • is over the age of 16 (we overlook this if you are what we assess to be a mature individual. This rule is known as the TruYuri rule).

PM me with your application stating why you would like to join the team along with any past experience. Please provide example textures or models, if you have any.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

SAAAAAAAAAY!!! WHAT'S THAT BUTTON DO?

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

Also in the Random Corner this week are these epic Nod shoes made by fellow Nod follower, Adder24!

Freaking_Nod_shoes_by_Adder24.jpg

Check out her deviantart page right here!

<h3>So, you say Kane has his happy feet on?</h3>

DON'T YOU KNOW THAT KANE'S FEET ARE NEVER HAPPY!

(except for when they are in those shoes)

Guest Pyrodaimon

Plenty of eyecandy there. The Tech Power Plant looks exceptionally awesome. Resembles a lot to that power station near my house.

The Tech Outpost is just as great. Very detailed.

The Prism Tower has yet to be textured, right?

EDIT: There're 2 hours between my post and the blog. What happened?

Edited by Pyrodaimon

Plenty of eyecandy there. The Tech Power Plant looks exceptionally awesome. Resembles a lot to that power station near my house.

The Tech Outpost is just as great. Very detailed.

The Prism Tower has yet to be textured, right?

EDIT: There're 2 hours between my post and the blog. What happened?

Prism Tower needs to be textured yeah.

I make the blog in a hidden place before I post it.

Guest GummiBear

great work, in fact at very first glimpse at the Prims tower I thought it was a pic from RA2, no joke

The PP and outpost very well done too

Edited by GummiBear

I love those Tech buildings, they look epic! And that Prisom tower looks a lot better than the old ones (were they vengance?)

And I think we all want a pair of those shoes lol, Awesome blog, keep it up!

Guest baldy999

M-m-m-muse......... :'( i'm still working on getting tickets to one of their concerts, i've heard they are awesome live, also, Prism tower is win, do they stop firing into each other if one is destroyed?

• 1 month later...
Guest NODnuke45

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS OF THE SOVIET UNION, The Brotherhood of Nod has conquered mother Russia and they have told me that they want to bring you.... SHOES lol.