Blog 162 (13/12/09)

Hey guys, I'm a bit late with this one eh? Just as a forewarning, I'm going to be late with next week's blog as well since I'm up to my eyeballs in coursework right now.

Anyway, here we go!

<h3>War Miner Texture</h3>

I've started on the War Miner's texture. I've gone for some nice base metals then grunged it up with brushwork. The texture isn't finished yet, but I'd say it's getting pretty close to being completed.

FinalRender1-1.pnggame2009-12-1112-08-10-04.png

Here's a small render and an ingame shot of the War Miner as it is currently.

<h3>Grizzly Tank Ingame</h3>

danpaul88 has gotten the new grizzly tank ingame and it's looking great! Currently the camera is a bit awkward for it, but hopefully this should be resolved soon.

ggame1.pngggame2.png

ggame3.pngggame4.png

Roar!

<h3>Destructible Bridges</h3>

Occult has been working on all manners of crazy things recently. The water that was featured in the last APB blog and now this crumbly bridge. These bridges will be placeable in level edit and in 3dsmax offering mappers many choices when designing maps.

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Watch as it crumbles before your very eyes!</center>

<h3>Soviet Technician's Welder</h3>

Poggel has completed the first person model for the soviet techician's welder! It's looking great and personally, I can't wait to see it working ingame!

techwelder-1.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been frantically completing my projects ready for friday.

cfehunter has done his coursework and is back to texturing.

dtrngd has learnt how to rig vehicles.

danpaul88 has released Alpha Patch 3!

Occult has been parachuting into the battlefield.

Guy with a wrench has been texturing the Berretta!

The rest of the team has been getting ready for the holidays.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Happy in Paraguay.

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Now...</h3>

...time for some Shockwave!

Guest Occult13

Just so you know guys, textures for the bridge are getting some tweaks, and the bridge's getting some nice emitters for when you crack it. You'll slowly see how it cracks under your feet! :v

Nice stuff.

So, OWA, what did you decided with War Miner's scoop? Back then in Blog 146 you said you're going to change it a bit.

Yeah, it couldn't go up slopes with the scoop down, however, to counter this, instead of doing needless animations, we are just going to add two invisible wheels on the scoop, so that it doesn't get itself stuck.

Yeah, it couldn't go up slopes with the scoop down, however, to counter this, instead of doing needless animations, we are just going to add two invisible wheels on the scoop, so that it doesn't get itself stuck.

*awaits 'OMG TEH WARMINER FLOATS' bug reports*

:D

Guest theta123

<h3>Soviet Technician's Welder</h3>

Poggel has completed the first person model for the soviet techician's welder! It's looking great and personally, I can't wait to see it working ingame!

techwelder-1.png

HOLY cambudjah that looks AWESOME

Guest ‡ BSN General ‡

Amazing ! Iv got an idea if you want to add it now or in the futer . What about a map with a huge Nuclear power plant wich blew up and fighting agenst the soviet and allie ? :D

Edited by ‡ BSN General ‡

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Amazing ! Iv got an idea if you want to add it now or in the futer . What about a map with a huge Nuclear power plant wich blew up and fighting agenst the soviet and allie ? :D

Something like Fissure and Seamist combined, and everyone melts when the Soviets lose? I like it!

Guest lawmakerex

That bridge really kicks ass, really want to see it finished and ingame already. You guys are really the best this community has to offer. Keep it up people.

Guest theta123
Featuring: a textured War Miner, rigged Grizzly Battle Tanks ingame, a video of a destroyed bridge and last but not least the new model of the Soviet Technician Welder!

theta, don't miss it!

Not even 50 Bottles of stolichnaya will make me wanna miss this!

If you have a decent Nvidia GPU, you can anti-alias for everything on your PC.

True but we are trying to show off what the game is capable of rather than forcing AA or shopping it.

Next time use Anti Aliasing for these Pictures! but ehh how many Polygons do the Soviet Technician's Welder have?

Those are the highest settings I can get without pissing around with ATI catalyst settings. Granted that photobucket does compress the image a little.

It doesn't matter how many polygons the welder is because polygon counts are almost irrelevant on the w3d engine. It's texture size you should be worrying about.