Blog 166 (06/01/10)

Welcome to

<h3>Gurdian GI's SMAW</h3>

So we decided that the Guardian GI should wield an SMAW. Poggel has modelled up this beast of an anti-tank weapon ready to drop into the eager hands of a grinning Guardian GI. Soviet drivers need to be aware of this weapon because it will hurt their vehicles... a lot.

SMAW1.pngSMAW2.png

SMAW3.pngSMAW4.png

"We'll take 'em!"

<h3>Chronoshift</h3>

Occult has been applying the finishing touches to the Chronoshift effects for the Miner. We should have it rigged up ingame pretty soon. I pulled in the resources from RA2 to create a sound that, I think, fits it pretty well.

<center><embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid920.photobucket.com/albums/ad48/occult13/chronoshifttake2.flv">

I swear it was just here a minute ago!?</center>

<h3>New Conscript</h3>

I've been modelling up the new conscript. He's going to undergo a bit of reshaping to make sure he ends up with that big, soviet build. For now though, take a look at the current model in progress. I'm particularly pleased with how the shoulder pads have come out.

NewConscript4.png

"Comrade?"

<h3>ModDB Indie Game of the Year 2009 Awards </h3>

We've done it guys! For the third year in a row, AR is in the ModDB top 100! APB has also made it this year, meaning that both projects are in the running! But it's not over yet!

We still need you guys to vote for us in phase 2 so that we can show the moddb community that w3d is still alive! Head over here to vote for us in the top 100 released and unreleased indie games categories!

Nominate us for Mod Of The Year 2009

(click images to go to respective moddb profiles)

post-14-1196657492.jpgpost-14-1196657483.jpg

Every vote counts!

Remember to also vote for our buddies over at Renegade X. They could use all of the support they can get in order to have a chance of being one of the top ranking mods!

Congratulations to all of the other C&C projects that made it as well as commiserations to those who didn't.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

It snowed!

cfehunter has snow around his place. Or at least I think he does.

dtrngd and I were interviewed over at http://www.cncfps.com so look out for that one!

danpaul88 gave me strict advice on how not to break things.

Poggel has been modelling!

Occult has been everythinging!

The rest of the team is getting geared up for 2010!

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Who's that Pokemon!?

<center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GOD DAMMIT ARGH!</center>

<h3>Tis the Beginning of the Year!</h3>

Be happy :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Its the SMAW! ITS THE SMAW!* OWA and Poggel, THANK YOU! I also find it funny that you went one step ahead of me and even removed the spotting rifle. Was this intentional? Say yes before some other realismfeg comes in and demands the useless feature be put in.

Also, I like the new chrono sound better than mine, and the effect looks awesome. Thanks again OWA and Occult.

*It's not an AT4. YAY!

Its the SMAW! ITS THE SMAW!* OWA and Poggel, THANK YOU! I also find it funny that you went one step ahead of me and even removed the spotting rifle. Was this intentional? Say yes before some other realismfeg comes in and demands the useless feature be put in.

Yes.

Guest AdrwIvrsn

We decided to leave it out since we won't implement the spotting rifle mechanism.

Which was what I figured you would do. Although it would have been funny to have people say "I just killed j00 with mah tracers!" :D

Guest BigCheese256

Just wondering, can you add a campaign mode? LIke you choose a character for the mission?

It is possible to recreate the RA2 campaign missions in AR, though it would take quite a long time and would be fairly difficult to do. I don't think the choosing your character bit will done though.

Let's hear it All mighty one of AR

That would be telling :D

All I'm going to say is that it involves a new character who does missions for both factions over the course of the campaign.

Guest conscript

That would be telling :D

All I'm going to say is that it involves a new character who does missions for both factions over the course of the campaign.

hmmm so hees a turn coat?

Guest thepcman

That would be telling :)

:D:)