Blog 168 (20/01/10)

Welcome to this week's blog. I'm back at university now which means that I'll be learning more skills to bring to the table in terms of AR. Win!

<h3>Tesla Coil & Prism Tower: Ingame and Untextured</h3>

dtrngd has been playing around in level edit and has setup some pretty cool stuff ahead of time.

Very recently he got the Tesla Coil and Prism Tower's new models ingame and setup to destroy some opposing bots. There's not much else to say, so check out the screenshots.

gamecoils-1.pnggameprisms-1.png

gamedrones-1.png

<h3>GI's Sandbags</h3>

Poggel has arranged the sandbags that will be used for the GI ingame. We have been thinking about how they will function properly ingame; as opposed to the abominations we have currently.

This sounds funny, but we are probably going to end up rigging the sandbags as vehicles. This is so we can take advantage of the w3d vehicle physics in order to make the sandbags conform to slopes. We'll have a screenshot of it soon enough.

But for now, here are some sandbags.

sandybags-1.pngsandybags2-1.png

<h3>AR Interview at CnCFPS.com</h3>

Last week, cfehunter, dtrngd and I were interviewed over at www.cncfps.com by Genesis2001 and Lone0001. We were asked many questions about the mod's development and overall, I think is was a great success.

Click the image below to read the interview!

Interview.png

Soon, the CnCFPS team will be conducting an interview with Chronojam and a few members of the A Path Beyond team at BHP. Questions can be submitted at suggestions@cncfps.com!

<h3>ModDB</h3>

Just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has voted for us. Voting ends today and hopefully we've reeled in an award this year!

If you haven't voted already, shame on you.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I'm back at uni. My cupboards are empty so I need to fill them with food again :\

cfehunter is also back at uni and is looking for housing.

dtrngd has been setting up cool things.

danpaul88 is back from his holiday to get Alpha 9 to the testers.

Poggel is playing with those sandybags.

The rest of the team is commenting on a few things that we've got planned.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

YEAH TOAST!

<center><object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avU5onrWfYo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avU5onrWfYo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avU5onrWfYo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object></center>

<h3>TOAST!</h3>

(YEAH TOAST!)

That depends on how it is set up. Since we haven't set it up yet, that's something that we will have to look at. It would probably make sense to do it that way though, because otherwise you would have sandbags in odd positions if they ever flipped over.

Guest Xiphias6

Why the hell would sandbags flip over?

You know testers people like to ram (into) everything, be it front, back, side, top, bottom, inside, outside...something side... :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

Does this mean that sandbags will have edit_vehicle settings? Or will flippin' and flyin' and stuff won't work because there are no wheel bones?