Blog 175 (22/03/10)

Heya guys, welcome to this week's blog!

<h3>Tokarev TT Textured!</h3>

Soviet troops that cannot handle combat weaponry, due to carrying other heavier equipment, are assigned with a Tokarev TT as standard. This allows the commie's engineers and technicians the ability fight back when under fire from enemy threats.

Guy with a wrench has textured Poggel's model and I think the results are really good so far. There are just a few bits and pieces to fix on the texture before it is ready for rigging. :)

post-2093-1271023772.jpg

<h3>Soviet Service Depot</h3>

Has your Rhino Tank been ravaged? Siege Chopper looking smashed? Apocalypse Tank looking like it's been through one too many wars? Then get down to your local Service Depot, where our engineers will fix up your vehicles for a price that benefits everyone!

rm5248 has been working on this model and it's starting to take shape really nicely. There are a few accuracy issues to fix up to make the model 100% true to RA2's shp, but once those are fixed up and a basic interior is added, we should be well on our way to getting this structure in-game!

post-2093-1271023596.png

The service depot has no weakpoint, but it does house a purchase terminal and a repair node.

<h3>Game Update Format</h3>

As you guys can probably tell, we've been down on content this past few weeks due to educational commitments as well as the release of a lot of popular games this past few months (Bad Company 2, Final Fantasy XIII, Bioshock 2, to name a few). This has led me to have a think about our PR strategy.

Because I can't really get away with posting nothing and the blogs are getting later and later every week, I'd like to put an idea to you all.

Should we change to doing fortnightly or monthly mega-blogs instead of smaller weekly offerings?

Post what you think, because I'm eager to read your opinions.

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been busy with a UDK mod that I'm working on for university. It involves killing time travelling wolves in power armour with a G3 :D

cfehunter has been busy with university, but he is still alive!

dtrngd has been working on the Chrono Miner!

danpaul88 has been given the strings I was working on.

Guy with a wrench has been getting the Tokarev TT ready for the riggers.

rm5248 is continuing work on the Service Depot.

Poggel is working on the Rocketeer's Flechette Launcher.

Occult is on a school trip!

The rest of the team has been gearing up for another meeting this weekend.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Chatroulette piano improv! The video was taken down, so BUILD A TURTLE FENCE INSTEAD!

<center><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object></center>

<h3>This is it for now...</h3>

...but don't worry, we'll be back soon.

Guest Allie29

I'd rather the weekly blogs myself. Even if the content is relatively low, it's nice to see the steady progress rather than hearing nothing for long stretches of time.

I'd rather the weekly blogs myself. Even if the content is relatively low, it's nice to see the steady progress rather than hearing nothing for long stretches of time.

this ^ ...also wanted to add great texture and model guys

Guest Glaed

I wouldn't mind if you didn't do a blog if you had low content to put up during a week, but generally you do have enough content to make once weekly blogs do pretty well.

Awesome SD model and Pistol texture!

Edited by Glaed

Guest BigCheese256

Hell yeah now we can Techie rush! :)

Monthly blogs would have a whole lot more in them, thus would be a whole lot more epic. However, as Allie29 said, better small blogs than the mod feeling "dormant" for a month. :D

Guest TSAR1

Oh my Lord, the tokarev looks so finger licking good!! Nicely done!!

BTW Can you enter or atleast climb to the top of the Service Crane? Or can you only go to the room below the depot?

Edited by TSAR1

Guest BigCheese256

interesting note: Soviets cannot repair siege choppas in YR

They can (sorta). Deploy the Siege chopper, repair it with a stolen Engineer + IFV. As far as I know you cannot repair Harriers or Kirovs either.

Guest Apache92

egh...finally new buildings inc... =)

and about blogs... i think its still better to have weekly blogs... and i hope in summer holidays u will have more free time and the work will be faster)

Guest Lt Albrecht

I know this comment is late but

Should we change to doing fortnightly or monthly mega-blogs instead of smaller weekly offerings?

Use the TT33 to shoot whoever gave you this idea.

To elaborate on that point with some serious, the whole concept of weekly blogs is to keep stuff going at a steady pace, projects that have a layer too many of seperation from the userbase tend to slow in their progress. It's rather odd really, as if delay between updates was directly proportional to speed of progress...

Guest EVA-251

They can (sorta). Deploy the Siege chopper, repair it with a stolen Engineer + IFV. As far as I know you cannot repair Harriers or Kirovs either.

You can force land [AircraftType]s on the Service Depot. Or any building for that matter.

edit-

TeslaBomberLanded.png

^ picture of an air unit in my mod landed on an SD.

Edited by EVA-251

Use the TT33 to shoot whoever gave you this idea.

To elaborate on that point with some serious, the whole concept of weekly blogs is to keep stuff going at a steady pace, projects that have a layer too many of seperation from the userbase tend to slow in their progress. It's rather odd really, as if delay between updates was directly proportional to speed of progress...

I guess I'll have to shoot myself then. :D

Guest Xenon560

loving the Service Depot.

Do you think it would be possible to have a ladder to the crane? it would be a great sniper spot.

Edited by CnC rules

Do you think it would be possible to have a ladder to the crane? it would be a great sniper spot.

This is not APB and the first release wont even have the 1/5 chance of the Allied team getting a sniper spec unit. So why would Soviets put a ladder to the crane for Allied snipers?! lol?

Guest BigCheese256

This is not APB and the first release wont even have the 1/5 chance of the Allied team getting a sniper spec unit. So why would Soviets put a ladder to the crane for Allied snipers?! lol?

Thats pretty true lol. Soviets don't have Snipers remember (I wonder what this will do to balance >_< ).

Guest Lt Albrecht
I guess I'll have to shoot myself then.

Go on then... Only in the foot or a flesh wound though. :p Wouldn't want AR's glorious leader to An Hero now, would we?

Guest Xenon560

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Well the allied depot wouldnt work would it :D maybe the allied navy yard :)