Blog 176 (01/04/10)

Hey guys, welcome to this week's blog.

We've been pretty busy and have some new content for you!

<h3>Nighthawk Transport Model</h3>

Guy with a wrench has modelled us a new Nighthawk transport. the old one was a bit inaccurate compared to any references we had. He's gone away and modelled an SH-3 Seaking and adapted the blade setup and a few other things which made the Nighthawk unique. Now it's nearly ready for texturing! There are just a few final model checks to do. :)

The Nighthawk is armed with a front-mounted machine gun for self defence, but it cannot win the war for you. To be able to use the Nighthawk effectively, your team must coordinate it's infantry ranks to board the helicopter for air-based attacks. The Nighthawk can hold five infantry, so there is plenty of room for nasty surprises.

post-1484-1271000615.jpg

<h3>Rocketeer's Flechette Launcher</h3>

poggel has been working on redesigning the Rocketeer's weapon ready for when it's rigged up. The rocketeer uses a Flechette Launcher that is effective against infantry and not bad vs light vehicles. More details on how the weapon will be utilised will come soon.

post-1484-1271001580.png

<h3>Website Updates</h3>

I recently spoke with Soviet_Deso and he sent me the high quality faction logo's that he did a while ago. They can now be seen on the website and I'll be updating my signature to include them shortly!

We are also working on downgrading the quality for use in the game. dtrngd just got the allied logo ingame and it's looking great. I should have some pictures next week, but for now here's the logos to remind you of what they look like.

post-1484-1271000571.pngpost-1484-1271000588.png

<h3>Team Messages</h3>

I've been working to get my coursework finished along with TerrorTowers. Much Monstar has been consumed.

cfehunter has gone home for easter.

dtrngd is off to a party today. He's also been working on the Chrono Miner and a few other bits and pieces behind the scenes.

danpaul88 is overseas!

rm5348 is refining the Soviet Service Depot.

Occult13 is looking to make/get some dust emitters.

cuddling helped us out with a rippling flag for the allied barracks :D

The rest of the team is working towards the masterplan.

<h3>OWA's Random Corner</h3>

Moments With Heavy: Heavy Goes Bowling!

<center><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></center>

<h3>Coursework</h3>

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU!!!!

THIS BLOG IS HORRIBLE!!! :)

April Fools >xD

But seriously, nice update blog OWA. :D

Can't wait to see the flechete assembly and the Nighthawk when it's textured. :)

Edited by ScorchEMD

Guest BigCheese256

Never thought of the Rocketeer having his guns underneath his arms, attached to his jetpack. Awesome ideas here.

As for the Nighthawk, Air Allie29 thanks you for your cooperation with it's services.

Guest TSAR1

The Nighthawk is brilliant and so is the Rocketeer flechette launcher but didn't the rocketeer have an

incendiary grenade launcher as well?

Edited by TSAR1

Guest theta123
The Nighthawk is armed with a front-mounted machine gun for self defence, but it cannot win the war for you

We'll see about THAT :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

The Nighthawk is brilliant and so is the Rocketeer flechette launcher but didn't the rocketeer have an

incendiary grenade launcher as well?

We changed it after realizing the rocketeer did not shoot explosive rounds in RA2, so I suggeated a flechette launcher, based on the real life tank's sabot ammunition and modern expirimential rifles shooting flechettes instead of conventional bullets.

But we'll see how it work.

P.S. OWA, you can use the Wikipedia links in this post for a bit of inspiration on how to make the rocketeer's gun work.

Guest Admiral

When you guys are going to playtest the Nighthawk, could you try out an entire team in Nighthawks rushing a base? I wonder if that can win the war...

Guest BigCheese256

When you guys are going to playtest the Nighthawk, could you try out an entire team in Nighthawks rushing a base? I wonder if that can win the war...

If you have played RA, rushing with Nighthawks on the attack just isn't worth it. They are extremely weak against structures, and pretty easily killed by Flak Tracks.

Guest TSAR1

According to the Red Alert 2 Offical Strategy Guide the NightHawk is a stealth chopper, so will retain its stealth capabilites in AR?

Guest theta123

But for a stealth chopper it was unbelievably NOISY :D

But when AR is finnaly released, it will be the UH 1 Huey of AR.