Blog 180 (03/06/10)

Chevy787: Welcome to Blog 180 of our fabulous mod, Apocalypse Rising for Renegade's w3d engine. In this blog, we'll flip your you the other way (straight towards communism). Well at any rate, 180 is half a circle, and it so happens that it is only half a circle because someone liked the number. So, I hope you like the blargh as much as your like the base 60 system or Ptolemy.

The consumer market has left me in despair

I'll be starting off a bit random for the better good of my full intentions

There is a point in life where some say humans are no longer humans as in the sense where they bond together. At some point, they simply become consumers and fuel the market. I'd like to take this time to say that we go over this rules by installing an order of Communism within ourselves. So trust us, we are still part human.

post-2255-1275557299.jpg

I'll show you now just how old the evil of markets are.

Calendars

post-2255-1275557355.jpg

Free candy at the end of the month!. No, just more marking evil

Now, stop stuffing thinking about what costume you want to wear and take a look at the calendar. Looks normal, right? EXACTLY, maybe a bit too normal. I will explain this through the use of square units.

We can see it as so: 7 units horizontal (for each day) and 5 vertical (for weeks rows), but there is also space to place the month and days of week which bring the 5 vertical to 7. 7 by 7. Yes, a calendar was designed to take the form of the perfect box to make the marketing thereof easier. Looks, the pope has been planning this for hundred of years.

post-2255-1275557412.jpg

"How bout we put pictures of half-naked women on it?", The Pope, as you can tell, was quite the foreseeing man.

Fret not on the BHP forums though.

Apocalypse Rising is free. Even if you aren't gonna play it, you should still love us for not tricking you and stealing your money...

post-2255-1275557447.jpg

or else we'll spin your neck 180 degrees.

<a href="

http://httppng" target="_blank"></a>

Alpha 9 is out for Testers

So Alpha 9 went live a couple of days ago and the new testers are getting acclimatised to their new habitat. To celebrate the release of this new alpha, WallyWood made a video and OWa added some music. Enjoy!

<center><object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object></center>

The Return of Cfehunter: New IFV

Yes, we've captured ourself our old cfehunter :D. He's been working on this fancy piece of machinery for us.

post-2255-1275557833.png

Up for a game of red and blue chess?

Conscript again

We've been battling about his gas mask, and this is what we (OWA has) have for now. Expect mutiple variants of gas masks for release.

post-2255-1275558278.pngpost-2255-1275558285.png

post-2255-1275558293.png

This also gives the Soviets a cool factor, a factor that may just win a fashion battle.

The Spy Plane Control Room

post-2255-1275558416.png

"Table, chair and all objects on the table were made by Poggel, everything else by me :p"-dt

The player will be able to use the high-tech spy planes from here. I don't believe we've agreed on a method of implementing them, but they will be implemented.

Terror Drone Control Room

post-2255-1275558432.pngpost-2255-1275558482.png

"It uses the same terminals and server as the War Factory (because well, it's supposed to be the same) but the room is actually different + smaller!"-dt

The player will be able to sit down and control terror drones from here, nifty right?

Eye Candy

We'll finish the eyecandy reel with this awesome video that danpaul has recorded.

<center>

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,28;" WIDTH=848 HEIGHT=552><PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="http://tk2.blackintel.org/priv/danpaul88/ApocRising/AR_20Chronominer_toolbar.swf">'>http://tk2.blackintel.org/priv/danpaul88/ApocRising/AR_20Chronominer_toolbar.swf"> <PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high> <PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE="#FFFFFF"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" ><EMBED src="http://tk2.blackintel.org/priv/danpaul88/ApocRising/AR_20Chronominer_toolbar.swf" allowfullscreen="true" quality=high bgcolor="#FFFFFF" WIDTH=848 HEIGHT=552 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></EMBED></OBJECT>

</center>

Pretty, is it not?

Team Messages

Chevy787, unwrapping

danpaul88 got older and has slammed out the new build for new testers.

OWA has been procrastinating and finishing the Conscript up.

Cfehunter is as elusive as ever

Poggel has been pimping the Rocketeer

dtrngd has been doing stuff as always.

Guy with a spanner is unwrapping the Allied Night Hawk

rm5248 has finished the Service Depot. :)

The rest of the team is rejoicing over getting 700 moddb watchers.

The Random Corner

Quote of the time in between blogs periods:

rm5248: "we are not Duke Nukem Forever."

Video of the today:

<center>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoi1MSGu64&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

</center>

End...

KITTENS!

post-2255-1275558518.jpg

Guest BigCheese256

Loving the videos. Wallywood's one was great for having excellent use of speech. :)

Great job with the miners. I don't even want to know how you coded all that Danpaul. :)

Conscript is certainly shaping up. At least, to what he looks like in the RA2 concepts. :D

Guest AdrwIvrsn

It was incredibly fun taking part in the last harrier scene. Now if only we could get players to do perfect formations when we release AR. :D

Guest StonerMk2

Wow, looks awesome gentlemen. Cant wait for public release, while i know its still a ways off yet, its still going to be a fecking blast to play this.

Guest ukrockhit

Love the new model developments, great work, but my fav this blog is the chrono shift effect made, that looks really good too.

Guest Gideon

Looking most excellent. Especially the Harriers. I can't wait to fly one.

The chronoshift effect looks great but probably would look better if it engulfed the entire vehicle.

Guest EVA-251

Excellent blog. The IFVs, Spy plane controls and Conscript all great, and I could have sworn I heard my RA2 looping sound effects in that video. :p

Though I have to ask about the bandolier on the Conscript- why does he seem to carrying shotgun shells on it?

Excellent blog. The IFVs, Spy plane controls and Conscript all great, and I could have sworn I heard my RA2 looping sound effects in that video. :p

Though I have to ask about the bandolier on the Conscript- why does he seem to carrying shotgun shells on it?

what RA2 looping sound effectsv and those arent shotgun shells

Edited by WallYWooD

Guest Generalcamo

Wow. if only the soviet Yak and MiG were so easy to code! But sadly, the harrier works like a helicopter, it is a VTOL, or vertical takeoff and landing aircraft. So it works like a helicopter, just a bit faster.

Edited by Generalcamo

Guest EfraimVishnivetzky

The harriers, IFVs and V-3s look great but i didn't like the soviet and allied tanks.

Overall it looks VERY incomplete.

I think you should change the flack trucks so that the flack gun so that it's longer and with more calibur.

The soviet tanks are NOTHING like they should look. they should be more square and with a bigger top so work on them.

well, i guess it can't be TOO bad so i'll wait unthil the public release :D

Guest Generalcamo
The harriers, IFVs and V-3s look great but i didn't like the soviet and allied tanks.

Overall it looks VERY incomplete.

I think you should change the flack trucks so that the flack gun so that it's longer and with more calibur.

The soviet tanks are NOTHING like they should look. they should be more square and with a bigger top so work on them.

well, i guess it can't be TOO bad so i'll wait unthil the public release :D

First of all, the tanks were mentioned on a previous post. The original models would look bad in a FPS enviroment. Second of all, OF COURSE IT'S INCOMPLETE. IT'S AN ALPHA VERSION.

First of all, the tanks were mentioned on a previous post. The original models would look bad in a FPS enviroment. Second of all, OF COURSE IT'S INCOMPLETE. IT'S AN ALPHA VERSION.

Wait what? Our models are 100% based on RA2 artwork. The Rhino is based off of the RA2 installer image whilst the Grizzly tank is based off of the RA2 voxel.

We'll probably be changing the Rhino tank to fit the RA2 voxel in the future.

Please refrain from answering questions directed at the development team.

Guest EfraimVishnivetzky

Wait what? Our models are 100% based on RA2 artwork. The Rhino is based off of the RA2 installer image whilst the Grizzly tank is based off of the RA2 voxel.

We'll probably be changing the Rhino tank to fit the RA2 voxel in the future.

Please refrain from answering questions directed at the development team.