• Announcements

• FRAYDO

W3D Hub Discord   02/22/2017

Join us on our Discord server! Everyone is welcome in. Chat with us, organise games, and connect within our community. Click on the Discord image above for the invite! Or get it here! See you in the server!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pushwall

APB 3.0.7.3 Changelog

15 posts in this topic

The title bar of the game now says Renegade instead of APB, though not sure if it might have always been doing that.

Were new tracers added in this update?

bfxLY9.jpg

Sometimes they glitch and come from the center of the screen.

Edited by KevinLancaster

I know what you mean. It only happens in first person and is easily reproducible when firing from behind cover (e.g. trying to exploit defenses). Doesn't really bother me, however.

I did a quick run around on siege, seems the water is missing the proper texture (it's almost black water, instead of dark green).

Beyond that, good to see it finally be ready for live gameplay.  :)

Were new tracers added in this update?

Rendering updates broke the old ones.

Welcome to the W3D engine...

post-10859-0-51438300-1481951813_thumb.png

This happens when there's something blocking the line of fire of the off-centered guns, like if you are standing very close to a wall. If it was fixed it would make first person worthless.

The source of the black water issue is traced down, it happened in this latest release and not in internal builds due to rendering changes on the engine. It's not a "bug" in rendering, it's just a change to the way things are rendered and in the case of water, some different settings are needed, but I wasn't aware of those changes being required for this patch, since I wasn't informed.

So the water will likely be corrected by Pushwall in a future update - sorry for the eye-pain until then. Fraydo's screenshots show how it was supposed to look like.

Edited by Raap

Since this new update I believe, the brightness and contrast and the other sliders, they don't work anymore. I cannot increase brightness anymore, a couple other guys in game couldn't either. I have all 3 sliders adjusted, but nothing changes.

I didn't even notice black water. I just thought it was dark and accepted it without questions.

Well since I worked on it, it did stand out instantly to me, especially since it no longer smoothly transitions into the shoreline effect.  :)

Edited by Raap

I noticed that the game is now limited to 60Hz? Before this latest update it was running at 144Hz as it should but now I can only get it run at 60Hz...

Anyone else having problems like this?

By hertz you mean frames per second? Try editing engine.cfg to change vsync to false. Unless I'm totally misunderstanding you and 144hz is your monitor's native refresh rate..

I have disabled vsync, and the game is running 200fps+ but the monitor runs only 60Hz for some reason. But the game was running at 144Hz before this latest patch!

And I am used to have 144Hz at all games so this feels very laggy now :DDD

Edited by Jarza69

I have disabled vsync, and the game is running 200fps+ but the monitor runs only 60Hz for some reason. But the game was running at 144Hz before this latest patch!

And I am used to have 144Hz at all games so this feels very laggy now :DDD

There are some code improvements coming soon that should help with this.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0