APB 3.0.7.3 Changelog

Sometimes they glitch and come from the center of the screen.

I know what you mean. It only happens in first person and is easily reproducible when firing from behind cover (e.g. trying to exploit defenses). Doesn't really bother me, however.

Were new tracers added in this update?

Rendering updates broke the old ones.

Sometimes they glitch and come from the center of the screen.

Welcome to the W3D engine...

post-10859-0-51438300-1481951813_thumb.png

This happens when there's something blocking the line of fire of the off-centered guns, like if you are standing very close to a wall. If it was fixed it would make first person worthless.

The source of the black water issue is traced down, it happened in this latest release and not in internal builds due to rendering changes on the engine. It's not a "bug" in rendering, it's just a change to the way things are rendered and in the case of water, some different settings are needed, but I wasn't aware of those changes being required for this patch, since I wasn't informed.

So the water will likely be corrected by Pushwall in a future update - sorry for the eye-pain until then. Fraydo's screenshots show how it was supposed to look like.

Edited by Raap

I didn't even notice black water. I just thought it was dark and accepted it without questions.

Well since I worked on it, it did stand out instantly to me, especially since it no longer smoothly transitions into the shoreline effect.  :)

Edited by Raap

• 2 weeks later...

I have disabled vsync, and the game is running 200fps+ but the monitor runs only 60Hz for some reason. But the game was running at 144Hz before this latest patch!

And I am used to have 144Hz at all games so this feels very laggy now :DDD

Edited by Jarza69

I have disabled vsync, and the game is running 200fps+ but the monitor runs only 60Hz for some reason. But the game was running at 144Hz before this latest patch!

And I am used to have 144Hz at all games so this feels very laggy now :DDD

There are some code improvements coming soon that should help with this.