APB 3.0.8.2 Changelog

Lunar Paradox will probably not be a rotation mainstay as the server bot REALLY can't stand it for some reason, it just keeps crashing. If that's dealt with it can go on, but for now, no. You can still ask for a moderator to switch to that map though (but even that's not happening until i fix a few things).

8 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

That said, while I don't want to unduely annoy the devs and stuff, in a few days I might have kind of a long help forum post about my crashes. There's a few things on my end I'm going to do to see if that fixes it, including a total reinstall of the game, as I have a suspicion the fact that I had to try to download the last big patch multiple times might have something to do with my issues, considering I had a map mismatch error at one point.

You're the one player who was crashing constantly so yeah I do get the feeling the issue might be something on your end.

9 hours ago, Raap said:

assuming of course, that the scripts aren't causing the performance issues.

I remember Jerad having some performance issues with ECW which he resolved by enabling the CheckStarsOnly flag on a bunch of script zones that didn't have it (I think "stars" means "players" or "player-controlled objects"). Maybe that would help, and not break anything in the process since only players have a reason to trigger the many teleporter zones, so I'll give that a look.

e: Well gg, you thought of that already and all the zones that should have that flag already do. I will say though, starting a fresh game on the current Siege my FPS looking from Sov to Allied base while standing on the SD is ~190 and after deleting all the teleport script zones (but not the teleport maze itself) it went up to ~220. So there may be something to be said for ditching the secret, but given that it's not a big performance increase and other maps start out at a noticeably lower FPS than 190 for me (KOTG and Camos Canyon Bots have it the worst, though the latter is just because of a high unit count which doesn't get any bigger when real players arrive to replace the bots) and yet they don't get as choppy over the course of a match as Siege does, that may not be the whole story.

Perhaps some of the scripts guys can look through Siege with their Magic-Finding tools. Determining if the map puzzle is a factor or not should likely be the first step towards solving this one.

It'd be a shame to axe it though, since it will also mean I won't work on something like this again due to the chance for screwing up performance (which isn't worth the risk for something with limited pay-off).

Edit: I do think the bulk of Siege's geometry is quite well optimized, although I do use a larger than normal number of collision meshes in order to make visual effects not burden gameplay.

Edited by Raap

I can understand where you're coming from for Ridge Racer (and again, I already said that won't happen) but Lunar Paradox? Yeah sure that's why the game night peaked on it multiple times :rolleyes: I am pretty unlikely to stick Lunar in rotation but I'm sure people will call to switch to either of these maps on occasion (particularly Lunar) and that's perfectly fine. They'll probably get pulled out on game nights at times as well. They can be a good spacer when waiting for players, since when most people join midgame, there's nothing more that turns them off than seeing their base dead - an issue that simply cannot exist on either of those maps :v 

Another mini-patch is up, once again not really worth its own thread.

• New kill icons for AT Mine, MGG, Grenade, Pillbox, Ore Silo, AA Gun, Missile Sub, Cargo Truck and Siege Cannon.
  • Kill icons for Stinger and Strela now face the right way.

RA_LunarParadox

MISC

• Flying Dutchman and Slenderkov no longer give 100x the intended amount of points/cash.
  • Crates now respawn after 15-30 seconds instead of 30-60.
  • All the abnormal units/weapons now have kill strings.

INFANTRY

• Super Soaker Sniper is now free.
  • Super Soaker Sniper damage up (2 -> 3)
  • Uber Captains are no longer squishable.
  • Suicide Medic should now give a visible explosion on death.

VEHICLES

• Flying Dutchman and Dreadnaut now regenerate 10 health/armour per second.
  • Flying Dutchman and Dreadnaut now have a projectile size of 1m, will be much easier to hit small objects with.
  • Enabled Soviet "Angry Tank", a unit that was left out of the initial release due to it causing server crashes.
  • Micro Mammoth now regenerates 2.5 health instead of 5 per second.
  • Mine Bomber moves faster (15.5 -> 20m/s)
  • Mine Bomber projectile gravity increased (1 -> 2)
  • "Lunar Battlefield" Longbow range up (80 -> 100m)
  • Airsub range up (100 -> 120m)
  • Guided V2 health down (100 -> 75)
  • VTOL Yak damage up (20 -> 25)
  • Pimpin Ranger damage up (50 -> 60)
  • Ransikmobile damage up (40 -> 45)
  • Brain Jammer and Tesla Glober move faster (23 -> 30m/s)
  • Brain Jammer and Tesla Glober health down (300 -> 250)
  • Brain Jammer's screen shake is now even more severe.
  • Tesla Glober now causes massive anti-infantry damage from its "rays". There's no guarantee of how many of them will actually hit, but it should give the unit more anti-infantry presence than it had before (which was entirely from its weak damage-over-time effect.)
  • Tesla Glober no longer has the special Tesla Tank armour which made it resist the Chrono Dust Blower's electric damage.
  • Exit transition priority for the Supply Tank is no longer reversed.
  • Demitri Super Tank now regenerates 30 health/armour instead of 20 health per second.
  • Burst-Fire Medium Tank recoil down (2.1 -> 1.8)
  • Changed Supply Tank/Flying Dutchman/Dreadnaut reload sound.

RA_RidgeRacer

• Tweaked TurboDrift!Ranger handling a little bit.
  • Since the hud message does not work over the network, the warning/countdown is now delivered in chat.